Dear Mummy,
Without you, I wouldn't have been born
And wouldn't be able to eat rice, bah kut teh (haha!) or even corn
In this world that is so uptight
You just wanted me to try my best and it would be alright
Although this world is as dark as night
You taught me to be a star, shining bright
Even though I got them full of dirt
You'd never cease to wash my shirts
I'm glad for the times you fetched me from school
If not, I'd be spending long hours on a stool
I apologise for the mistakes I made
The things I did and the words I said
Even though I didn't shine as bright compared to others
You didn't really give the comparing thing a bother
Thanks to you, I'm able to be tolerant and kind
And patient and easy-going and polite too
You may not be a perfect mother
But you're my mother, and that's perfect enough for me
Thanks for making me who I am.
Happy Mother's Day.
A Mother's Day Message
Labels: Poetic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment