Yes. Finally some old faces...

This morning, I went back to my secondary school to attend the annual prefects gathering. Oh yeah, for those MMU dudes reading this, yes I was a prefect. I know, I don't look the part eh? Haha... This has been one of the best-kept secrets of mine, and the fact I speak fluent Mandarin. Oops... Shouldn't have said that.

Well, I went by invitation (graduated seniors get invited to the event). And a whole bunch of us seniors went. And we stuck like sore thumbs 'cause all of us weren't wearing uniforms. If you saw a bunch of strange-looking fellows wearing a myriad of colours not listed in the colour spectrum of uniforms, ie brown, blue, white etc, well that's pretty much the seniors. We could form our own angry mob... :)

Apparently I was the first to arrive(What?! It did say it would start at 8.00 a.m., you couldn't blame me for arriving early right?) Then, slowly but surely, seniors came, from my seniors, my batch, and my just-finished-school juniors. The juniors make up for most of the mob :) Well let's see... There are loads of names here...

And the sight of seeing juniors after one year... Wow... That's just emotional. I actually purposely did my 4 x 4 canvas and finished it on the same day just to meet this bunch. Yes, I can't believe I actually did that too.

If there were pictures, I would have posted. But then, I don't know where the camera has gone to at home... So, no choice but to post text here. Prefects, if any of you guys are reading this, can you send some of the pics to this senior? Pleeease....

It went well, other than a few hiccups. I was actually impressed by some of them juniors.

I returned back to the "home" that kept me occupied during secondary school. I felt at "home". Seeing all my friends that went through with me throughout secondary school made me feel belonged. Seeing my juniors grow makes me want to grow myself.

For once this year, I get to feel at peace. At the same time, I feel sadness. We are walking separate paths. All of us have to move on sometime. As my friends leave while I stay here, do I move on, or do I stay? At least I am happy, that at least our paths converged that one day, where we gathered and had fun.

P/S: Kwang Hua juniors reading this post, I am expecting the same from you guys. And please, invite me to next year's gathering OK? PLEEEEEASE... :)

0 comments: