"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
"We don't hate people because they are different, we hate them because we see within them what we hate about ourselves."
~ Andrew Yew
What have I turned into?
In him, I see who, or what I could have been.
In him, I see what would have happened if I took a different path.
In him, I see myself.
In him, I see my darker self.
In him, I see a nightmare of myself.
In him, I see the other side of my coin.
In desperately not trying to become him, have I changed for the worse?
In desperately escaping from emulating him, have I turned into something more evil?
In struggling against mirroring him, am I actually getting closer and closer to *becoming* him?
In fighting this "monster", have I in turn, become one myself?
I don't know...
In him, I see who, or what I could have been.
In him, I see what would have happened if I took a different path.
In him, I see myself.
In him, I see my darker self.
In him, I see a nightmare of myself.
In him, I see the other side of my coin.
In desperately not trying to become him, have I changed for the worse?
In desperately escaping from emulating him, have I turned into something more evil?
In struggling against mirroring him, am I actually getting closer and closer to *becoming* him?
In fighting this "monster", have I in turn, become one myself?
I don't know...

0 comments:
Post a Comment