I'm Disappointed...

Disappointed that Rick Astley didn't get the respect he deserved.

Get this: He actually WON Best Act Ever for the 2008 MTV European Music Awards.

Yep. He WON.

Hurray right?

WRONG!

Watch this video:



Then compare it with Best Headliner Award, won by Tokio Hotel:



Notice the difference?

He didn't attend, I understand.

He didn't perform, I understand.

But he didn't get the recognition that other winners got? That I DON'T understand.

Currently, there are two parties on this matter: Rick Astley fans and Tokio Hotel fans (Tokio Hotel was supposed to win Best Act Ever, that is, until Rick fans rocked the system).

See, Rick Astley wasn't even supposed to be nominated, let alone win. Seems MTV put him in these as a joke.

Guess what? Joke's on MTV now.

Apparently, Tokio Hotel fans are using the fact that Rick fans are using Auto-Voters to Vote for Rick. Here's the catch: http://ema.mtv.co.uk/assets/pdf/how-voting-works.co.uk.pdf

MTV actually ENCOURAGED people to vote multiple times.

BUSTED!

This is hypocritical of MTV.

Good thing I don't watch it anyway.

By the way, if you don't know who Rick Astley is, watch these recent videos, they'll sound very familiar:





Screw you, MTV.

0 comments: