The Brave Few...

Today(as of December 3, 2007), a group of young people have prepared to stand up for their faith. It wasn't compulsory, yet they still chose to do it. Many weren't doing it, yet they took it. It wasn't even asked of them, yet they were willing to study for it. Know what I'm talking about yet?

I'm talking, of course, about Bible Knowledge, one of the subjects found in our SPM examination(for those foreigners reading this blog, I think, the SPM is a little like the British O-Levels. I think. Maybe. I don't know.). This is one of those subjects that relatively few people know of, and even fewer take it, unlike it's Islamic counterpart. Today, a few friends of mine, my younger brother included, are going to sit for this subject in an hour's time.

You really feel like you're the super-minority group of the lot. You see, today, like last year's, the school is virtually empty, an empty husk, it's only you, your exam-mates, and the same old examiners you've been seeing for the past few weeks. Yes, I was one of them who took BK, and man, school was EMPTY. Altogether LESS THAN TEN of us took the exam last year, this year my school has LESS THAN FIVE...

I writing this post to tell you about these "unsung heroes", who are willing enough to spend their time to take an exam that isn't even required of them. Those who took time reading time to read the Gospel According to Luke and the Acts of the Apostles and taking this exam. Those who took 2 hours a week(that's a requirement) to be taught these books.

I salute you, proud heroes, for willing to stand up. As I am proud of you, I'm sure God would be too.

1 comments:

  Heidi

December 3, 2007 at 4:01 PM

hahaha. My brother took (is taking) BK today for his SPM. :)

When I took BK during SPM, there were only 4 of us taking it in my school. :)

At least it's still offered now, I heard that they're thinking of stopping it due to too few candidates sitting for the paper. Which is a very sad thing if it happens.

Did you go for BK Quiz and stuff? Very fun but very stressful. haha. :)