Never Gonna Give You Up...

This is one of those "I'm-gonna sing-to-my-girlfriend-when-I-have-one" songs. It's kind of old though... Bet most of you haven't even heard of it... It's "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley. There was a music video for the song, but then YouTube won't let me embed it, so I took a gameplay video of the song in the game "Audiosurf". Heard it's fun.




Now here's the kicker, the chorus:

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you


See, that's a problem. It's too perfect of a relationship. No man can ever, I mean EVER, pull this off. It's just not possible. Even I can't give that kind of promise to my girlfriend (if I have one). So here's my more "realistic" rendition:

I might never give you up
But I will let you down
Sometimes, I will have to run around and desert you
I can't say that I won't make you cry
Sooner or later we have to say goodbye
But I'll try my best not to tell a lie and hurt you

That's all I can offer to my girlfriend (still, if I have one). Only my best. I can't offer everything you ask for in a man, but at least I'm trying. There's no such thing as a perfect relationship. So girls, if you're dreaming for a knight in shining armour (CEO, Manager, Lawyer, Doctor etc) riding a white horse (Mercedes Benz), staying in a mansion, yeah, that isn't really going to work. But if you put your expectations a wee bit lower, like expecting a knight with chinks in his armour, riding a mule (anything from Proton), and staying in a terrace, you're in luck then. :)

P/S: This is one of my favorite songs... Might sing it sometime. Just hope that anything fragile won't shatter under my crow-like voice. Hehe...

0 comments: